Call for Submissions - Journal for Artistic Research
The Journal for Artistic Research (JAR) is a peer-reviewed, biannual journal, whose goal is to publish original research from artists of all disciplines and promote the renegotiation of art's relationship to academia by coupling an innovative approach to publishing with peer-reviewing and scholarly rigour.
A free, online resource, the journal attracts an international readership. For its third issue, JAR invites original submissions from artists worldwide, with or without academic affiliation, who wish to reflect on and expose artistic practice, processes and research in exchange with a group of engaged peers and, thus, contribute to the ongoing debate about research in the arts.
With the aim of displaying and documenting practice in a manner that respects artistic modes of presentation, JAR uses the Research Catalogue (www.researchcatalogue.net), which provides a free-to-use online writing space where text can be woven together with image, audio and video material. The Research Catalogue also enables collaboration, allowing multiple authors to work on the same document simultaneously. The result is a journal that promotes experimental approaches to 'writing' and provides a unique 'reading' experience, while carefully fulfilling the expectations of a peer-reviewed academic journal.
It is the aim of the journal to makes use of the multi-media and social capabilities of the web to draw attention to the activities of a growing community of artistic researchers worldwide. JAR is guided by an editorial board that works with a large panel of international editors and peer reviewers from the field of artistic research.
Deadlines for JAR3:
JAR issues are non-thematic; submissions are assessed by the editorial board, in a rolling fashion, as they are submitted.
While JAR2 is in preparation, we invite submissions for JAR3 between now and the end of September 2012.
To submit an article, contributors are required to register for an account on the Research Catalogue, and use the writing space to layout and expose their research. JAR provides editorial guidance and technical help with these processes.
Interested contributors should first contact the journal to initially discuss the suitability of their material and receive advice on progressing towards submission.
Send your correspondence to Barnaby Drabble, Managing Editor, Journal for Artistic Research (JAR): email@example.com.
JAR is published by the Society for Artistic Research.
Das artmagazine bietet allen LeserInnen die Möglichkeit, ihre Meinung zu Artikeln, Ausstellungen und Themen abzugeben. Das artmagazine übernimmt keine Verantwortung für den Inhalt der abgegebenen Meinungen, behält sich aber vor, Beiträge die gegen geltendes Recht verstoßen oder grob unsachlich oder moralisch bedenklich sind, nach eigenem Ermessen zu löschen.
- Call Tricky Women 2015
- ZKM Karlsruhe - Wettbewerb Motion Picture 2.0
- Stellenausschreibung: aut. architektur und tirol
- periscope:project:space Open Call for the Exhibition Programme 2015
- Neue Werkschau für Fotografie > Jetzt einreichen!
- Call for proposals | The Dynamics of Darkness in the North
- Open Call: Test Exposure at the 16th Media Art Biennale WRO 2015
- PAFA introduces a Low-Residency Master of Fine Arts Degree and BFA Major in Fine Arts Illustration
- Berliner Projektfonds Kulturelle Bildung startet neue Ausschreibungsrunde
- Call for applications: PhD in Curatorial Practice at MADA
- Arbeitsatelier in Salzburg zu vergeben
- Ausschreibung des Msgr. Otto Mauer-Preises 2014
- Open call: Frans Masereel Centrum 2015 artist residencies
- Staatsstipendien für künstlerische Fotografie 2015
- Staatsstipendien für Video- und Medienkunst 2015
- SACI Florence – New approaches to contemporary art with new courses offered
- Call for applications for PhDArts: PhD programme in visual art and design