Die Whitechapel Gallery in London sucht Chefkurator_in
For over a century the Whitechapel Gallery has premiered world-class artists from modern masters such as Barbara Hepworth, Pablo Picasso, Jackson Pollock, Mark Rothko, Gerhard Richter, and Frida Kahlo; to contemporaries such as Sophie Calle, Isa Genzken, Wilhelm Sasnel, and Thomas Struth.
With ambitious exhibitions, artist commissions, collection displays, historic archives, education resources, inspiring art courses, dining room, and bookshop the Gallery is open all year round, so there is always something free to see.
The Gallery is a touchstone for contemporary art internationally, plays a central role in London's cultural landscape, and is pivotal to the continued growth of the world's most vibrant contemporary art quarter.
The Chief Curator is a senior position working closely with the Director. The successful candidate will bring a strong curatorial vision and an engagement with new developments in art and visual culture around the world. They will help shape the future artistic programme, devise specific exhibitions, projects, and publications; and articulate, through public talks and writings, the ideas and issues that inform contemporary practice. They will also be engaged with 20th-century art history from a global perspective, curating occasional historical surveys. The Chief Curator will provide editorial guidance for Whitechapel Gallery interpretation, publicity texts, and publications.
The Chief Curator will have responsibility for the Exhibitions Department, working with the team on the realisation of projects with artists, lenders, and arts institutions. The post includes strategic and senior management responsibility for the organisation and delivery of the artistic programme, artistic liaison, production of catalogues, and limited editions.
The Chief Curator will work alongside all members of the exhibition team, internal departments, and with the professional art world to ensure an efficient running of the exhibitions programme. They will also contribute to enhancing the Whitechapel Gallery's reputation as a centre for artistic excellence and intellectual rigour.
They will administer financial budgets, support fundraising approaches, be involved in advocacy, lead patrons' tours, and contribute to the delivery of the Gallery's MA programme in Curating and Commissioning Contemporary Art at the London Metropolitan University.
To download an application pack
Application deadline: 12pm, Monday 25 June 2012
Interviews: mid-July 2012
Start date: October 2012
The Whitechapel Gallery strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Charity number: 312162. Company number: 4093862.
Das artmagazine bietet allen LeserInnen die Möglichkeit, ihre Meinung zu Artikeln, Ausstellungen und Themen abzugeben. Das artmagazine übernimmt keine Verantwortung für den Inhalt der abgegebenen Meinungen, behält sich aber vor, Beiträge die gegen geltendes Recht verstoßen oder grob unsachlich oder moralisch bedenklich sind, nach eigenem Ermessen zu löschen.
- ZKM Karlsruhe - Wettbewerb Motion Picture 2.0
- Call Tricky Women 2015
- Stellenausschreibung: aut. architektur und tirol
- periscope:project:space Open Call for the Exhibition Programme 2015
- Neue Werkschau für Fotografie > Jetzt einreichen!
- Call for proposals | The Dynamics of Darkness in the North
- Open Call: Test Exposure at the 16th Media Art Biennale WRO 2015
- PAFA introduces a Low-Residency Master of Fine Arts Degree and BFA Major in Fine Arts Illustration
- Berliner Projektfonds Kulturelle Bildung startet neue Ausschreibungsrunde
- Architekturausschreibung für Museumsneubau Krems
- Call for applications: PhD in Curatorial Practice at MADA
- Arbeitsatelier in Salzburg zu vergeben
- Ausschreibung des Msgr. Otto Mauer-Preises 2014
- Open call: Frans Masereel Centrum 2015 artist residencies
- Open call for applications: Food Water Life residency with Lucy + Jorge Orta at Banff Centre
- 6th Carmignac Gestion Photojournalism Award | Call for candidates
- The Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design in Wroc?aw seeks applicants for Printmaking programs in English
- Apply now for self-directed residencies at The Banff Centre
- Staatsstipendien für künstlerische Fotografie 2015
- Staatsstipendien für Video- und Medienkunst 2015
- SACI Florence – New approaches to contemporary art with new courses offered
- Call for applications for PhDArts: PhD programme in visual art and design